Ying and Yang

The Universe, God, Spaghetti Monster, whatever, always seeks to maintain balance.  For every good thing there is a bad.  For every night there is a day.  To everything...turn turn, turn, there is a season...


Sorry about that.  I have a form of Tourette's where I suddenly break out in 60's folks music.


There is no cure.


Recently at work we've been going through what can only be described to folks outside the industry as upgrading from Grandma's black and white furniture TV set to a 75" 3D LED.


The programming still sucks, but WOW the picture looks amazing!


This week has been long in retrospect and not because of the hours.  It feels long because every minute was filled with activity that required problem solving, multi-tasking and co-ordination of multiple people of multiple disciplines in multiple places.


Tuesday some call it.


I'm usually sitting in a corner room with no windows reading about patients my folks take care of.  It was a shock to my system to say the least.  When the dust began to settle late yesterday afternoon (well after my off duty time) I saw my old nemesis turned ally with a huge smile on his face.  I used to lock horns with this person on a daily basis and here we were sharing a huge sigh of relief that the project was working after all.


All was right in the world.  I felt good.  We got a sitter for date night.  What could go wrong?


Stupid question.


My boss's boss wandered in this morning and reminded me how the (insert deity here) seeks to maintain balance and order.  What once was elation was gone and in it's place was a half empty cup of mediocre coffee and 6 days of PCRs to review.  We only do about 200 runs a day so it shouldn't take more than a decade to get caught up.


 



Comments