A Big Move

I've been cryptic about things recently, and for good reason.

Those of you following on Facebook noted last week that I was preparing for an interview, but never explained for what.  Yesterday I got word that it went well.

Starting July 1st I will be assuming the role of EMS Director for the newly formed Detroit Unified Healthcare Service which will rebuild Detroit's EMS service from the ground up.

Plagued with difficulties for decades the DUHS will erase the problems of the past and build on an EMS 2.0 platform of prevention, home visits and has already connected with a vast network of secondary transport facilities.

Upgrading salary, training and service levels are just the beginning!

More details are to follow as the official announcement will be made on Friday at a joint press conference, we're still working on getting the house sold here, didn't expect this to happen so quickly.

This is an exciting time to say the least and I'll miss the SFFD but this is an opportunity not to be missed!

 

Interested in coming along?  We're hiring! Detroit United Healthcare Service info

Comments

[…] However, even with the $137 dollars that DC said we could spend, ultimately Justin “The Happy Medic” Schorr decided to join on to the Detroit EMS force, which he has announced today on his blog. […]
SD said…
April foooools.. Nice try
9-ECHO-1 said…
I'll admit you had me going until I looked at the calendar...
Jason Murphy said…
You got me. I'll admit it. Since DEMS is in sort of a rebuilding phase anyway, I bought it.