I know that feel, Bro

My new article at Uniform Stories talks about the worst things I've felt as a Paramedic.  Mainly it focuses on tactile feeling instead of emotional feeling but of course when things are bad the two intertwine.

 

In the wake of the Orlando mass murder, many folks are sharing how hard it would be to walk through the night club and hear all the phones ringing.  Powerful indeed.

 

Then a friend of mine at work posted the following status update:

"Went on a fatal shooting last night.  Nothing new, I was just trying to imagine 50 of them in one room."

 

Take a minute and digest that.  Put aside all your pro-gun, anti-gun, tolerance and anti-muslim back and forth and just take a moment to think about that.  50 of them.  In one room.

I hope I never have to feel that.

Comments