Exciting Family Disaster Planning program in the works!

Many years ago I put together a family disaster plan that included a lot of unique, family specific, elements.  It was a way to feel more secure as a new parent in a new house. I wrote about it too.

Years later the plan was sitting on a shelf when a family emergency found me with no phone, no friends and a very sick child in hospital about to be transferred to the PICU.

With no phone numbers to call, no website to visit, I did the only thing I could think of...I sent a message to my out of town contact Ryan who has a copy of our plan and instructions on what to do.

Next thing I know the unit nurse has a phone telling me someone named Ryan is on the line and has to speak to me right away.  Less than 30 minutes later everything had been taken care of.  All because I had a plan.

On an upcoming episode of What's Your Emergency Radio, I share the basics of starting the plan with my co-host Motorcop.  Just explaining to him the basics of the plan and how it comes together made me realize I needed to get this information into as many hands as possible, but I can't just send you a PDF file and hope it all makes sense.
You need guidance on how to set up the plan, how to choose an out of town contact, what supplies and equipment you'll need, all things that will take hours and I don't have time to teach all of you how to do that.

Or do I?

With the help of Motorcop and his successful Motorcop Mindset Program I am currently developing an online course you take at your own speed that will end with you having a completely customized Family Disaster Plan for peace of mind.

The program will consist of downloadable templates, forms and instructions as well as video and audio lessons on some of the more intricate parts of the plan.  You, as my loyal blog audience, will have a chance for a sneak peak (BETA group) as well as discounts for the course sections and overall Family Disaster Plan Course.  Click on the Family Disaster Plan page at HappyMedic.com to sign up for updates.

Also, keep an eye out for special offers and giveaways from our new affiliate partner Stealth Angel a provider of disaster and survival gear and make sure you're subscribed to WYEradio for the upcoming show about disaster planning.

Comments