Should Paramedics be required to obtain an Associate's Degree?

In a word, no.

Surprised that's my opinion?  Have the last 10 years of internet rambling taught you nothing?

I don't think Paramedics should be required to obtain an Associate's Degree.  I think Paramedic should BE an Associate's Degree.

If you're already a Paramedic, why should I send you back to school?  You've already lost most of the benefits of the education...why waste a seat?

For example, I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Services with a concentration in System Design.  It was a 4 year program.  Paramedic School alone was a year and a half and the education around that core program made me a better student and, surprise, a better Paramedic.

Want to learn more?

Have a listen to our latest What's Your Emergency Podcast when I bring this topic up to Motorcop and ask him if he thinks cops should be required to obtain an AS.

Comments