Medic999 - RTB and signoff

I'm not sure how a standing ovation works online, but I'll give it a shot.

Mr Glencorse,

You changed my life for the better and I will never be able to thank you enough for that.  On a lark you wrote me to ask if I was interested in hosting you in my service for a week, then me in yours.  Our online back and forth was furious, each trying to learn more from the other and our audience was appreciative for it.

Then we made a show.

But while we were doing that we became family.

All the jokes about a bromance, two medics in love in San Francisco, really boiled down to two brothers, each searching for the same thing: A better tomorrow for themselves and their service.

Your writings have brought me to tears both in sadness and hysterical laughter, 12 leads I couldn't fathom were made clear and understandable.  The first social media save is because you recognized the importance of seeking out information wherever it can be found, not just in the classroom.

Mark and his family have sacrificed so much to give so much to the online EMS community, and eventhough he's not dead and gone, his constant stories about what it means to be a Paramedic in modern times have come to an end.

I think I'll go back and re-read it from the start and relive some of the best years of my life.

You and yours are always welcome with me and mine.

Your friend,

Justin

Comments

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by the Happy Medic, Shelly Wilcoxson, Shari Simpson, Mark Glencorse, Sam Bradley and others. Sam Bradley said: RT @theHappyMedic: Fire up the Boyz II Men - @UKMedic999 signs off. http://bit.ly/f4L9nl New from HMHQ [...]
Sam Bradley said…
Justin, well put. I hope he continues to be a part of #CoEMS. Many have followed but you, Mark and Ted lead the parade into a better EMS tomorrow. - Sam