Overheard on vacation - the Barber

A cop walks into a barber shop looking for a haircut.  As they discuss the news of the day and the weather, the topic turns to his line of work.

"What do you do?" the barber asks.

"I'm a cop."

"I admire what you men do, I'd like to give you this haircut for free." the barber says and the cop reluctantly agrees.

 

The next morning the barber can't get into his shop because there is a large box of donuts and a card from the cop.

 

As he walks in another man takes a seat for a haircut.  As they discuss the news of the day the topic once again turns to his line of work.

"I'm a paramedic." the man replies.

"I admire the work you do and I'd like to give you a free haircut as a thank you." the barber says and the Paramedic agrees after the barber refuses his money a third time.

The next morning the barber can't get inot his shop because there is a box of bandages and pamphlets about staying healthy.

Soon after another man walk in and takes a seat.

As the topic turns once again to his work the man replies, "I'm a fireman."

"I admire the work you do, I'd like to give you a free haircut."  And just like the others he reluctantly agrees.

The next morning the barber can't get into his shop because there is a line of fireman around the block.

 

 

Told to me by a retired fireman who served not 30 miles from me growing up.  Met him on a cruise ship in Canada.  Go figure.

Comments