Dues

I was told recently that I have paid my dues in EMS and have the right to speak my mind.

Funny, my check never cleared.

I've been:

  • puked on,

  • peed on,

  • gotten ROSC

  • called a code on scene

  • carried limbs

  • carried dead limbs

  • extricated patients

  • extricated bodies

  • carried those who can not walk

  • carried those who could

  • been hurt in a fire

  • helped those hurt in a fire

  • laughed at jokes that are not funny

  • told those that are worse

  • run 23 jobs in 24 hours

  • been an entire paycheck without a call


And yet I don't feel that I have paid my dues.

I talk a lot.

I write a bit.

Haven't done much.  Really.

AD says some medics have 1 year of experience repeated 20 times, I wonder if I am falling into that category.

I'm going to be taking one of those famous blogger breaks, where I try to ignore the interwebs machine and get my own house in order.

See you on the other side, Ray.

Comments

mr618 said…
Ah, man don't you be thinkin' about pulling a Glencourse and resigning... either from EMS or from blogging.

Hang in there, do what ya gotta do. We'll wait. Not patiently, perhaps, but we'll wait.
Irv said…
Come out and do an ambulance shift. Breathe fresh air.
The Goose said…
Take as long as you need Happy, we have the watch.
~Goose