Control V

We have become a cut and paste society.  Not just us social media savvy kiddos either, oh no, no.  In a time when the conclusion that shapes your opinion has already been authored, why not just copy and paste it as your own?  Who will notice?

 

Probably me.

 

And not just because I can access all the same resources you can when you did the original search for your opinion, but because I have grown up on this technology and can spot certain abnormalities that many don't.

Yes, I have these powers.

I can see the difference between MS Word 97 Times New Roman 12pt and MS Word 2003 TNR 12 pt when printed.  It looks the same on the screen and had you cared to standardize your document, maybe it wouldn't have been so obvious.  How do I know this? I've done the same thing before, but caught it in time.  When copying references to cite on a page, most folks copy and paste, resize and move on, not even noticing the font is different.

So what does this tell me about your abilities in the field to which you are professing knowledge?  That I should be highly suspect and investigate ALL aspects of your findings.  And that's when I get frustrated.  Nay, UnHappy.

There have been few documented cases of me being honsestly UnHappy.

 

Trying to trick me?  Try harder.

Comments