Station Tour + Fire Safety + Training = OCFA Doing it right

You new folks may or may not know why they call me the Happy Medic, but for this post you need a refresher on the Angry Captain.

The Angry Captain was a name given to my father, a retired Fire Captain, because of the way he handled logistics when the USAR team was deployed.  He was a stickler for receipts.  Long story.

But long before he was the Angry Captain, he worked at a firehouse in Orange County, CA.  He was assigned to this house during the years I decided to seek a career in the fire service.  I rode along on Engine 4 as an Explorer and the crew there became my second family as well.

 

When the Orange County Fire Authority posted this video to their Facebook page I was curious to see what other agencies are doing for inter-Department training using video.

It's a great tool for standardizing station tours as well as working in home fire safety tips and I recommend it for anyone who ever gets visitors.


OCFA Station Tour Video from Orange County Fire Authority on Vimeo.

 

So much has changed to that house I almost didn't recognize it, kind of like seeing someone living in your childhood home long after you moved out.

Does your agency have a standardized tour or does the junior member have to wing it?

 

Comments