"You should read this blog..." said the Medical School Professor

Our local teaching hospital / trauma center / STEMI center / stroke center is putting on a new lecture series which focuses on STEMI and ROSC patients.  It is very similar to the trauma seminar I've mentioned before and has a wealth of information.

It starts with our pre-hospital radio report and continues through the balance of care for the patients.

 

My favorite part was when the MD leading the presentation suggested everyone in the hall go to a blog for ECG knowledge.

Mine?  Of course not, not until the seminar on fart jokes and grammar mistakes.

No, he directed us all to "Tom Boot-hill-aye" and his excellent work at EMS 12 Lead .com.

I will admit I sat a little taller in my chair when someone I know was mentioned as an expert in his field...and uses a blog to disseminate it.

Sure Tom Buothillet speaks nationwide about the importance of pre-hospital 12 lead ECGs, among other things, but also uses social media and video to make his message more powerful.

Tom recently debuted the London Ambulance Service episode of CODE:STEMI where he travels the world talking about EMS systems and their reaction to sudden cardiac chest pain and arrest.

 

Good work Tom, keep it up!  I think you'll get a few more hits from today's session!

Comments

Tom Bouthillet said…
That's really nice to hear! Thanks, Justin! David and Christopher do some amazing work. The London episode of Code STEMI is my favorite! We're getting good at this!