Inside my head on a 72 hour shift

I rarely stack days like this but the other guys need days off, so here I am.

3 days in a row.  Here's how it feels:

Morning of Day 1:

Take it easy, let's pace ourselves on admin tasks.

Afternoon of Day 1:

Man, I'm not even half way done with day 1 and got all this done?

Evening of Day 1:

Oh well, almost 1/6 done!

 

Morning of Day 2:

This is no problem, I got this.

Afternoon of Day 2:

Why on Earth did I agree to this?

Evening of Day 2:

Everything is stupid, this pen is stupid.

 

Morning of Day 3:

I should do this more often, this is easy, I go home tomorrow after all.

Afternoon of Day 3:

Hey guys!  I go home tomorrow!

Evening of Day 3:

Is it tomorrow yet?

 

Comments

BH said…
You've got a very, very understanding wife. I'd have been divorced by the evening of Day 2.