Do I Hate the Term First Responder?

I'd say "Hate" is a good start.

In Episode 10 of the Internet's only Fire, Police and EMS Show (Notice it is not a First Responder Show) MC finally lets me get off my chest why I mildly dislike the term "First Responder."

It is overly used mainly by those who don't understand the three disciplines or who simply didn't look closely enough at who actually showed up at the scene.

Special apologies to my fellow "First Responders Network" bloggers, but in the end it really does encompass everything from CPR trained soccer mom to powerline repair man to advanced critical care flight team, so why not just keep it?

BECAUSE I HATE IT!

Have a listen.

MotorCop and the Happy Medic bandy about the term “First Responder”.


Don’t mis­un­der­stand the sub­head­ing above. HM doesn’t hate first responders…he hates the term.

MC? Not so much.

The guys go ’round and ’round, give each other a mer­ci­less hard time and even­tu­ally agree to dis­agree while agreeing.

It’s like find­ing four-leaf clover in a wormhole.

Boy, we get angst-y at the end of batch record­ings after many beers…we also earn our explicit tag.  You have been warned.

Comments