2 Completely Missed Milestones

In the preparation for Kilted to Kick Cancer and our Highland Games kick off weekend I completely missed 2 pretty big milestones.

First, on August 31st this little therapy experiment of mine has reached 7 years of age.  I remember when Firegeezer, my first "Follower," noted my 1 year anniversary as a great achievement.  I may not post as much as I did then but luckily the reason is because a lot of my frustrations are being addressed.  It turns out that if you get involved and try to make things better they can sometimes get better.

Second, this August marked my 20th year in the fire service.

I mentioned in February at a presentation that I had 20 years in the fire service and was kind of fudging the numbers based on my volunteer experience.  I can't say I feel old, but hitting this milestone reminds me that we are all responsible to pass along what we know, be it at the dinner table, on the drill ground or the fire ground.  Or even across the table at a review.

 

Thank you for being a part of this experiment, even you Chinese and Russian hackers spiking my traffic.

 

-Your Happy Medic

Justin

Comments