the Crossover Show - Ep 110 - Do You Poop Where You Eat?

In this aptly titled episode, HM and MC  have a simple question for you: What would you do as a Paramedic, Cop or Fireman if your municipality offered you money to buy a home in your district?  What would HM do?  What would MC do?


Would you like to live where you work?  Work where you live?  MC brings up a difficult situation HM never considered as a fireman and both of your hosts get nostalgic about their Firefighter dads and having them both first due at home.


HM’s district offered just such a program and he doesn’t live anywhere near it.  Find out why.


BOLO is pushed aside this week for a long overdue edition of “Ask MC” where HM finds 3 stories from the disciplines and does his best to earn MC 1/8 of 1 Doubloon.


He actually doesn’t do as horribly as usual if you can believe it.


Support The Crossover Show!


Rate us on iTunes!


 

GO LISTEN NOW!

Comments

James Rosse said…
I live in my district. I'm with my local volunteer fire and ambulance services.

I wouldn't meet people in my district any other way. We don't work in the same places, we don't go to the same locations. I wouldn't recognize them if I tripped over them at the mall.

I worked for a city ambulance for a while, I got to know the frequent fliers. They got to know me, and remembered my name. It works out.

I understand why someone wouldn't want to live where they work, but I don't really have that option. Most agencies don't want someone from outside their jurisdiction on their rigs, or sleeping in their quarters.