A Decade at the keyboard, Happy turns 10

On December 7th, 2007, a ceiling fell 30 feet at a theater fire and knocked me down.  The recovery was slow, and challenging.  They told me to start a journal.  I didn't know what to do. Almost a year later I heard about this new thing on the internet.

On August 31st, 2008, a confused, scared and scattered man sat down at his laptop and googled "What is a web log?"
Late that night, as the wife and young ones slept, I began to let my frustrations flow.

From my mind to my fingers to the screen, I'd hit send and that was it. They always say when you're mad you should write a letter and read it the next day.  The internet was a perfect way to do that.

Then, as I've told you in the past, people began to read my angry letters. And comment.  Then share.  My therapy experiment was being shared with people saying "I feel this way too" and "This guy doesn't know what he's talking about" and even a few "So well written!" (thanks, mom.)

Along the way I chatted with other bloggers, writers and educators.  We told stories, shared dreams and fears, later having a chance to meet face to face as old friends.

Mark emerged, we did the TV pilot.

Motorcop emerged and you know that story.



There was something special about not only writing but tinkering with the website.  Teaching myself HTML and CSS in order to make this line go there and this image go here.  That tinkering became a hobby, an obsession and rather successful therapy.

Thanks for coming by, reading and sharing.  See you in another 10 years!

-HM

Comments