A HIPPA Friendly Post

I was joking with a friend that instead of changing facts in these posts to make them safe and legal and such, I could just omit the information. I joked it would look like a horrible MAD LIBS. Sounded like a challenge. So here is a HIPPA approved EMS Blogger Post:

THE EMERGENCY

[There is no way to confirm or deny the existence of a medical emergency]

THE ACTION

We arrived at [a location] for a reported [medical condition]. The reporting party said their [possible relative] was [partaking in a household task] when [he and/or she] lost their balance, resulting in a [mechanism of injury] that caused [an injury and/or illness].

The [municipal service] moved quickly to apply [a/an approved medical device] and extricated the patient to the awaiting [conveyance]. In the back I started a [patient care procedure] and rapidly shifted gears to the [medical device]. I charged the [medical device] to [an approved setting] and pressed [the appropriate button]. The smell was intense. [a body part] had caught fire, literally, as a result of the [patient care procedure] despite my use of [approved pharmacological interventions].

Needless to say the accepting [Physician and/or Physician's Group] at [a secular receiving medical facility] was not at all amused at our predicament and immediately started [an approved pharmacological intervention].

Comments

You forgot to modify this sentence, as it provides too much protected information:

The smell was intense.

May I suggest:

The [resulting source of sensory input] was [of a notable strength].

Too late. Never mind. Strong work, though.
Ckemtp said…
I can neither confirm nor deny that I read this post. Nor can I confirm nor deny that I am reading a blog.

I did like it. Is that the future of EMS blogging? Dun dun duuunnnnn...

Word Verification (really): unfree
Definition: HIPPA
Anonymous said…
If this country ever becomes a dictatorship and I become it's dictator remind me to get rid of HIPAA. In the mind time I'll steal this fun trick from you.
mack505 said…
Looks like a challenge. I love Mad Libs. I've emailed the blanks to Rescu82 and Mrs. M505 and will link the results when I get them. :-)
Capt. Schmoe said…
Wow, full spinal precautions AND a cardio-version, all from doing yard work. No wonder I have the kids do the lawns!!
FireCap5 said…
Fargin HIPPA...........

Worst thing ever for EMS providers as some parts of it strangle learning........
If this trend continues, think of how your dispatch is going to start sounding..
Greg Friese said…
This post or something like it would be a good start for a future edition of a blog carnival.
mack505 said…
Well, here's one: http://mack505.blogspot.com/2009/09/hipaa-mad-libs.html

More responses posted when I get them back. I agree with Greg, sounds like a cute gimmick for a carnival.