Adding to the Firefighter Basics? When I find something better, yes

From time to time I'm passing along tools and equipment I wish I'd had when I started as a Firefighter.

This list changes since new products come out and I think to myself "Dang, that's better than what I have now!"

On the show floor at FDIC I saw a lot of great products, many that I already have.  For example, I got to talk to the folks at Channel Lock about their Channel Lock 87 Rescue Tool and how much I love using it.  They smiled and appreciated the feedback.

I stopped into the folks at Pelican and told them how much I appreciate the 3715.  They smiled and appreciated the feedback.

But when I stopped into the Fox Fury booth to say how much I love my Discover Tilt headlamp I got quite a different reaction.

Antonio, who I had flagged down on twitter to give feedback about my Fox Fury Command headlamp was in the booth.  After a hug and the IRL introduction I had a chance to tell him about features I couldn't show in my review video.  A couple of the other folks in the booth came to say hello, having seen my video, and Antonio asked if I'd be willing to test out another flashlight.

Of course!

However, it's a right angle coat light and I already have a favorite.  What will I do!?


Test them and give honest feedback, I guess.

So keep an eye out for that review coming soon as well as another video for the Israeli First Aid Rip Shear Holster.  My studio is currently around a ton of noise with work being done in the back yard but as soon as it quiets down over there I'll fire up the cameras and go for it.

In the meantime, go check out the other Firefighter Basics equipment I recommend and make sure you have what you need to be safe and successful on the fireground.

Comments